Monday, June 11, 2012

 

Strawberries with Strawberry Stones


Comments:
You're getting fruit, which is what counts, but those plants look as if they're in too much shade.
 
It's not always that shady there, also we get some serious heat here, above 80°F is not rare this time of year. I did remove some sucker branches on the crab-apple. So there is likely more light.

These plants went through Hell before I rescued them. One neighbor pulled most of them, they were hers. So I salvaged whoever I could. I did not expect fruit at all after what they went through. The one fruit I got and shared With Mr. T. was tiny but absolutely a fantastična strawberry! Just glorious taste.
 
There's a special place in heaven reserved for people who save abandoned plants!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter