Monday, January 24, 2011

 

Part of the history of Bosnian Jewry:

This is from Danial's Srebenica Genocide Blog

http://srebrenica-genocide.blogspot.com/2010/11/jews-fought-in-bosnian-army-side-by.html

Daniel also has pictures of the court appearance of the Serbian
Israeli citizen awaiting extradion to BiH for trial on war crimes
charges. Daniel's blog is a valuable store-house of information on the
genocide in Srebenica. Some of my Sarajevo neighbors, people I rode
the bus with were survivors of this terrible event. Je did another
thing I am remiss in not having done, Daniel thanked the government of
Israel for arresting this man. I add my thanks.

I am partly of Jewish descent, bit I admit I have not been a fan if
some if Israel's actions. I also know that Israel is neccesary. The
last Stateless people I know about, namely Roma area persecuted
people. The big difference is that Jews have a homeland and had a State.
I made a point while in Sarajevo of visiting some of the places
associated with Jewish history in BiH. I did not make it out to the
cemetary.
Sarajevo is not even the only place in BiH where there were Jewish
communities.

The Ottoman Empire took Jews from Spain as well as Spanish Arabs in as
refugees in 1492. They even sent ships to take the people to the
Balkans.
****
Right now, I am in a good bit of pain. I threw my back out . I wasn't
even carrying something heavy. I bent over too fast to get my
sunglasses which had fallen out of my coat pocket. I could barely
straighten up. I had a long hot bath hopeing to help the pain. It
helped last night. Today though, I hurt pretty bad. So I will be
taking it easy.
I wasn't even lifting anything heavy. That part is what is so weird.

Sent from my iPhone


Comments:
Hot baths is as good a remedy as anything. Take it slow and easy.
 
I have been taking it very easy. We have here anual inspection, to make sure that no needed repairs get overlooked. I am so glad I keep on top of things! I got most of the stuff done well ahead of time. So basically, all I need tp do is keep up with dishes and take out trash. I do that every 2 days. This place is small, it could get smell if I did not do things this way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter