Saturday, January 01, 2011

 

New Year's Eve in the Yakima Gulag:

I spent my evening at home, since the low was 10F and the high was 19F. They did have activities downtown, most years in fact I go, but, I just got over a nasty cold. I also fell on Christmas and was still pretty stiff. I figured cold is not anyone's friend at a time like that. Some neighbors across the hall made beef enchaladas &etc. So we enjoyed those and watched the ball drop in New York, and generally made merry. Then a friend I havn't seen in awhile called so she came over, we had egg-nog with 7-Up. Then the fireworks in the neighborhood started. Then small arms fire. A 22, a 45, and some stuff we were not certain about, but I put on the police scanner app and we listened. A 12 year old had alcohol poisoning. There was an insanely drunk person someplace. A guy head-butted his brother in the face. Then the dispatcher said, 'Your head-butter is at the hospital saying he was assaulted..' at some point in the proceedings a cop got on the air and said 'Happy New Years Everyone!' that doesn't even include the big fire down in the valley...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter