Monday, July 12, 2010

 

Srebenica:

This was on the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10593799.stm

I was at the Folk Life Festival yesterday, but I did talk with people about Srebenica while I was there. Two people who knew nothing about it. I mean they knew it happened, but not details. So I filled them in.

I remember being at Club Easynet when they were burying people in Srebenica, and how one of the women who worked at the internet club was quietly crying and praying all through the broadcast. NO one went online while this was on. Everyone in there watched the broadcast and only began going online when it was all over.

No family that I knew was un-touched by the war, and there were neighbors of mine from Srebenica.

Comments:
Short clip linked to by Amila Bosnae that I thought might interest you:
http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/international/2010/06/14/wv.sarajevo.memory.bk.f.cnn.html
 
Tthanx!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter