Monday, July 12, 2010

 

Folk Life Festival;

One of the best things about Yakima is the fact there is a Folk life Festival. Last year there were nasty rumors it would be elsewhere, other thanthe museum grounds. I am so glad those rumors were false!

I went both days. Klappa DooWopela performed on Saturday, in the par, and Friday in one of the downtown places. I could not really go downtown. :( *whimper whimper whine...* But I did get to see them in the park and say 'hello'. They took pleasure in having someone who understands their music in the audience. Like and Understtand are two different matters! :)

Sunday Dave and the Dalmatians performed in the park and I really enjoyed their set.Also enjoyed giving them a hard time that they need to learn at least a couple Bosnian songs, especially if they were going to sing 'Tamo Daleko' :) I mean make it a tiny bit more inclusive!

But seriously, both those groups were excellent and it was lovely to see them all and greet them.


Other wonderful groups performed as well. The sad news is that the festival was smaller this year. I blame the economy and the aforementioned rumors.
The
Pardon my absences. I am in the process of moving soon. The rooming house I live in has been sold and all of us have to leave. Too bad because it has been a very good place to live.

I am going to miss my house-mates and I am going to miss the wildly produuctive raspberry patch. I have hardly touched soda this year, because I have been juicing hte raspberries to drink instead.

Malinovoa is a LOT healthier than soda!


Comments:
I wish you the best with your move and I was glad I got to see you at Folklife!
 
Good luck with the move - you seem to cope with upheavals better than I would.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter