Sunday, June 20, 2010

 

Weird smell in the house....

The smell was something I noticed when I left my room to go get water to take my heartburn medicine. I get heartburn as a side effect of other pills I have to take, so first thing in the morning I take a heartburn pill.

Anyway I noticed this weird God-awful smell. It smelled a bit like burned plastic, a bit like burned food, and was very strong indeed.

I could not find a point of origin for the smell, sniffed around like a blood hound trying to pin it down. Took out the trash, that did not lessen the smell. Checked room mates. None of them had cooked anything that burned. Not B. he was asleep, not R. he was not even home, we found out that when he arrived home from work, not M. She was sleeping like a baby so I did not wake her. Certainly not me, I had not cooked anything since noon yesterday and that was in hte microwave, my own take on microwave pizza. That certainly did not burn. It took a minute to make it.

So the smell remains a total weird mystery.

I found out from M. the origin of the VFW hall fire. It was a rat. The rat chewed electrical wiring. The same rat caught fire, and went running back to his little rat hole with the fire in his fur,burning a lot of things in the VFW hall.


I hope they get a ratting terrier or a large cat. That would end the problem if there is more than one rat in there.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter