Saturday, June 19, 2010

 

New Specs and how that is going:

The new specs are bi-focal, and it is interesting, I can read anythingg but ant-print without too much trouble. They have improved my distance vision a bit, as far as telling what bus is coming or indeed if one is coming this is a blessing. I can also read license plate numbera a lot more easily. I have not had too much trouble with steps so far thank God. I just have to take them slow.
Pavement is another story. It is VERY trippy as in feeling like you are high trippy. I have to go slow even on level ground ANYWAY because of my ankles. Looking up and then down can be a dizzying experience. I have a feeling that I am actually with my lack of depth perception doing better than some of my friends with bi-focals though.
The cotton woods and the dryer machine are messing with me though. The weather here has mmore rain than it should this far into June. We have eatten some of the first raspberries of the year. mmmm!

Comments:
Courage, you will certainly adjust with time. The brain does extraordinary things. It has been found that people fitted with glasses that distort perception very soon reimpose "normality". What we see is literally what we want to see.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter