Saturday, May 08, 2010

 

Tuzla on CNN

CNN's World View covered Tuzla a city in Bosnia Hercegovina which has the only salt lake in Europe, and massive salt mines some of which are still being used. All but a couple teaspoons of salt I ate in my year in Bosnia came from Tuzla. I had some salt from the mines at Ston and some from a Greek place for salt, those came in those fency schmency little grinders. One of my dead ancestors owned Ston for a time.
Anyway they interviewed the mayor of Tuzla and showed film of the town which is lovely despite the war damage and the fact the city is sinking.

I as usual can't get the link I want today, so this has to do. Warning lots of nerdy complicated engineering stuff.

http://www.isprs.org/publications/related/ISRSE/html/papers/428.pdf

and until I can get what I want on CNN, this will do medjuvrijeme. This site has lovely photos of Tuzla.

Comments:
http://bhstring.net/tuzlauslikama/tuzlarije/viewnewnews.php?id
 
I tried that link, it does not work for some reason. Thanks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter