Sunday, May 23, 2010

 

A Nice Celebration of Yakima's 125th Birthday:

The celebrations included displays of very nice Yakima memorabilia, such as old postcards, pictures of historic persons from Yakima.

My favorite was a picture of a circus parade, with both Dromedary and Bactrian camels which were incredibly fat. They were followed by a cart pulled by a miniature donkey. The very thought of camels marching down Yakima Avenue was pleasant. :)

I talked to the current mayor, and some of the former mayors all of whom know me. I have lived through like five mayors here. feels weird to think about it.

Looks like Folklife will be in it's usual place. I will go then it is hardly even a walk to go there now. I won't go to in town venues at night though. Too tiring now. Too expensive as well.

The cake was from Essencia Bakery. A large official cake with the city seal, and four dark chocolate sheet cakes frosted in dark chocolate. I had some of each type of cake. I had some 7 up and then rode on the wagon, cuz it was free and I love horses. These horses were called the 'James Brothers ' and were matched sorrels. I love sorel horses anyway, and these guys had some zebra striping on their lower legs.

I went and had a taco in the Farmer's Market. NEVER AGAIN! I was royally ill after that later. Ran into the mother of one of my daughter's friends and then came home. I am really really tired.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter