Saturday, May 29, 2010

 

Happy Memorial Day to our Vetrans!

I went to the parade, it was very small but well attended. There were more guys running for judge than anything else. The Marines of course were there, only one high school band, only one middle school band, the fire dept, the police. WWII vets, various funeral teams. Two religious noisy cars.
I shared my bench with a very nice family with a relative who has done many tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
Good people. Whatever I think of both those wars, I do respect the people who volunteer to go.

Not every war the United States has gone to has been a mistake, and mostly our military are good people.

Certainly I feel for the left behind families. It is hard not to and this family were really nice people with sweet children. Oh Miz Dee's choo choo barbeque thing went by and smelled soo tantalizing.

There was MASSIVE Tea Party presence. I really resent them using the parade like that.

Here is a quote I like.




But the truth is that we have disempowered government and handed vast responsibilities over to a private sector that will never see protecting the public interest as its primary task." EJ Dionne



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter