Thursday, February 11, 2010

 

In the Library in my Birthday Suit

No not in a state of nudity, which is what Americans at least mean when they say 'birthday suit' but in an outfit given to me by my friend the artist Jeannie Fairchild. Look her up on Google to see pictures of wonderful things she makes. She actually got this really lovely shalwar-khameez in Oregon at a yard sale for $3 and then realized that she could not 1. bear to cut it up, 2. probably could not wear it anyplace either. 3 realized that it was something I loved 4. realized I'd probably at least wear it on occasions when I needed to Really Impress Someone.
It is lovely. I don't have to impress anyone today. I am only wearing it to enjoy the turned heads when my lovely daughter takes me out to lunch.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter