Thursday, February 25, 2010

 

A bit earlier today...

I went to the college library and systematically removed all the squiggly spam, all the Ruski spam, basically cleared the decks. My rule stands, no comment spam is going to get through. I think maybe the content filter was reacting to contents in the spam I got. I don't know for sure, but perhaps that was the deal.

I am on some new medications which cut my appetite and in fact give me mild nausea. This isn't all bad. I need to lose a little weight anyway. If it prevents me from over-eating this is a plus! The other effect is the new stuff makes me very sleepy, but I can drink coffee in moderation without ill effects so at least I can deal with the drowsiness.

Just watched 'Red Dawn' all the way through on G-4. I found I understood the actors portraying Cubans just fine. Did not need the subtitles. With the Russians I got like half of it, those words which are the same in Bosnian essentially. It is the cheesiest imaginable film, but that is what makes it good for someone who does not feel so good.

I think I am also kind of tired because my body has been fighting the infection that was in the tooth that I had removed. There is a little swelling there, but nothing terrible. Odds are I will throw that off. I feel lots less coldy.

It is a beautiful spring day, and I go tomorrow to see whether I am a good candidate for cataract surgery. They will perhaps fix my better eye, possibly, I could luck out and get both done. Either way, it is cool.

An online friend of mine who used to live in Slovenia and who has been an absolutely wonderful source of information about Dead Ancestors has re-surfaced and has sent me marvelous videos from YouTube. This has led to finding other wonderful videos on my own. I was having trouble getting on YouTube actually for some time.

I got here due to a comment that must remain unpublished because it was comment spam. The same comment actually appears earlier in this blog, at a more relevant date.

I don't know if I can get in here other than by a link of some kind yet. I am just doing the trick of restoring a previous session.

That seems to sometimes work for now.

Comments:
Your tooth problem is lingering on for longer than it should. You need to be careful.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter