Monday, January 25, 2010

 

Editor's vocal abilities impaired...

Whatever rotten damn cold has been going around, Your Friendly Editor caught it, and then Friday Your Friendly Editor's jaw swelled to immense proportions ( as in this is what it looks like when you try and fail to swallow a golf ball...) So obviously the attempted root canal needs attention. Felt so rotten Friday that leaving the premises without a keeper was not an option. With the kind of cold I had I did not want to risk most people willing to act in that capacity. So I stayed home. Sat through a few Real-Estate agents trooping through. . . Then Saturday, despite pain killers I was thinking some real dope or some booze might even be a viable plan, if I could only have laid hands on some.... Then the swelling got sooo bad that it half shut my right eye... and miraculously the pain lifted. Only problem was I was running low on that nutritional drink for emergencies like this. So when a friend called and offered me a ride to McDonalds to hang out, I did, thinking 'ICE CREAM!' maybe even a quick store run...'YES!' I said. So we went, tried the new McDonald's frappe mocha and quite liked it. Their ice-cream and shakes machine was down. I sat there and swilled it slowly while my friend's munchkin terrorized the indoor playground for a bit. and then we checked out (OH TRAITOR!< ---!!!) the New Wal*Mart on the West Side. It was pretty nice, even considering it's a Wal*Mart. I got cough drops since I had a cough that came close to making me vomit. They worked very well. The temptation to aske to be taken to 'The Next Whiskey Bar' finally ended. We looked at some lovely pet fishes, and the toyes and I checked out cell phone plans. I think I need to just hang tight with what I have got for now. None of them come without buying a new phone... I mean I could just rotate them. But there's no roll-over on either the $30 a month plan or the $45 a month 'unlimited' plan or on Boost. So there ya go. Stuck in Lodi Again...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter