Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Well I have moved....
1 I wanted the particular place I moved to, it's bigger for the same price...
3. I don't need to worry what's going on in the alley!
4. No car alarm, none of my current house mates drive!
(that could be a downside but then my other house mates seldom drove for me, I didn't ask for it. I did my best to not need rides at all, or to get them from Other People. Car-less roomies always bummin' a ride, NOT A PLAN! EVER!)
5. The former house mates want to move to the country. I have nothing against the country, but I have flunked Living in the Country in the U.S. really really BADLY since I don't drive.
6. Even though the place is a bit better set up than my daughter's place, I mean has I door I could close. this one has a door I can LOCK if I'm in there.
7. Cable T.V. comes with the rent! I used to have to beg and plead to watch what I wanted to watch. Differing T.V. tastes can really become a problem. I used to just retreat to my room and listen to N.P.R. and the George Noory show, but sometimes I just want some T.V.! :)
8. I love kids, don't get me wrong, but kids in the morning if you are turning into a grouchy old lady are another story. I don't like ANYONE'S kids at t hat hour:)
9. More space for my food items.
10. Fewer dishes to wash! :) I only really have to do my OWN dishes.
Don't get me wrong, I am going to miss many sides of life with my former house-mates, they are all cool people, especially the cat! :)
And even if I don't like kids early in the morning, I do like them in general. They are sweet kids. I am going to miss the occasional midnight run to Wal*Mart or Safeway for ice-cream. Still this new place is quieter, and roomier and the same price, so I am happy. I hope my former housemates can now find the country place they have been wanting!
American employers really, that's another ranty post I need to do! :)