Thursday, May 28, 2009

 

You know your country is in trouble when...

the premier financial newspaper of the United States of America, maybe the WORLD has an article about weed farms... NO NOT THAT KINDA WEED!

I am talking about farms where people commercially grow certified organic weeds, such as dandilions, lambs quarters, stinging nettles itd.

I used to be able to purchase any of the above and a few others for like one KM a pound, in re-used plastic shopping bags. I did so pretty regularly too because these greens are cheaper and more nourishing than lettuce, or spinach, or some others I could name.

In this blog years ago I put in two of my personal recipes for dandelion greens, and I think I put my Irish stinging nettle soup recipe in here.

Guess how much dandelions cost in the U.S.? it's a matter of public record, the Wall Street Journal says $9 a pound! jupi! joooooj!
I went home and told the house-mates we need to start us a weed farm! NO NOT THAT KINDA WEED FARM!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter