Saturday, May 23, 2009

 

Memorial Day Parade

I have been in the Yakima Gulag for something over 20 years minus time spent in BiH and Croatia. Well they always have had a Memorial Day parade, but I have never gone for one reason or another, work, then homework then hous-sitting at my daughter's.

It's kind of a dinky parade, very short. The Martin Luther King day march is bigger and this is a Republican majority area!

Still it was enjoyable. Didn't see anyone I actually knew, but I did see a guy who had a striking resemblence to Karadzic when disguised as Dr. Natural.

Then while waiting for my turn at a computer read the latest National Geographic, a short piece on Arab Christians by an Arab Christian American.

It's a very good article and it illustrates a number of points I have made over the years in discussing the Middle East with friends and people I well ... discuss things with.

Do read it if you get the chance!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter