Sunday, April 05, 2009

 

Palm Sunday

Greetings to my friends who mark this day! It is going to be up to 70F here in the Yakima Gulag! Woah! I have completed one project, I got some wooden eggs that have flat bottoms and have been doing Easter egg designs on them. The idea is to sell them during Yakima Folklife, at the booth of one of my friends for some eggstra pin and egg money. They are sitting on the window sill in varying stages of completion. I just glazed one this morning.

Finished reading Micheal Moore's 'Stupid White Men' It's a bit dated and I take exception to the chapter 'Kill Whitey' not only because it's politically incorrect to kill anyone of any race but because I've been victimized a few times by non-white types, I even had a black slumlord. That said most of my pointy-haired bosses have been of the white persusuasion. It is a book of political satire so not meant to be taken literally anyway! :)

The other fun I had this weekend had to do with Jehovah's Witnesses. I generally suspect their presence,( why they want to 'save' ANYONE when the slots are limited according to their doctrine confuses the govno out of this zeka) when I see people who do not fit this neighborhood's profile. I answered the door and spoke Bosnian. that is always funny because there is no facial expression quite like language shock! It is the sweetest look of confusion. I could see the wheels turning 'What the Hell language is that? Is this person even a Christian?' All that is going through their heads and then they leave appologetically because well I am not going to be 'saved' (probably given the short list of people predestined to be 'saved' I never stood a chance anyway!)

Comments:
"Segregated salvation" is a peculiar and offensive concept but the Jehovah's Witnesses who call tend always to be nice people. Strange.
 
There must be more to it than that, since the 'slots' you speak of are greatly exceeded by the number of Witnesses. Are they all competing, trying to beat each other out?
 
@sheepndgoats I don't know, I'm sure I wouldn't know! :)
 
My favorite city outside the U.S. is Sarajevo.

My son just returned from Serbia, searching for his roots. (My wife's father was born in Zagreb) Not sure whether he went to Sarajevo or not. He did go to Novi Sad and Subotica & several other cities and towns.
 
I have one friend who made it to Subotica, (Side trip from Hungary, graduation trip that was of the 'if this is Tuesday it must be Belgium' sort)
I personally have never been to Serbia, just to the Serbian area of BiH, in transit.

Zagreb is pretty cool too. I would love to go to Novi Sad some day it has a very artistic reputation.

I fear my real long distance t4ravels are over barring a big fat miricle.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter