Thursday, April 16, 2009

 

A Dysfunctional Local Radio Station

For local Englis medium broadacasts I listen to 1. NPR 2. KIT radio.

I listen to the second despite it's political annoyingness because it does have good weather service and the Formerly Art Bell Show.

They have a BIG problem with dead air when they transition from the financial advice program which they bumped earlier broadcasts of the Formerly Art Bell Show with. The financial program goes off, then the news never comes on and neither does anything else....

for TWO HOURS! or more! What's up with that? I called years ago and they claimed that water in the new station was leaking into their equipment. I used to call them when they went off the air. I would leave a message and say 'Look guys Dead Air, is everything o.k. there?'

Well it's forced me to tune into AM from as far away as Treasure Valley in Idaho (Greetings Skelly! Greetings younger Sister!) or the Tri Cities station KONA. Here is the seriously WIERD part: Sometimes Treasure Valley comes in clearer than the Tri-Cities!

Anyway, calls to the station to enquire haven't worked. I can't get through without an unblocked landline. They put you on hold far too long for me to use precious cell phone minutes on that project. Then it occured to me, maybe someone there sometimes reads this blog thinking I am someone slamming Yakima.....

Anyway 'HEY YOU GUY!!! FIX IT!!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!

here's a thought, send me to broadcast school and hire me to keep you guys on the air at night. I am an insomniac, might as well be paid for it! :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter