Friday, February 27, 2009

 

Poetry Slam in the Yakima Gulag

In recent past years the Black Box Poetry Slam has been infested byn a whole famdamily of gangsters, but the Poetry Mafija (formerly headed by keely Murphy sic) is back, meaning good poetry that doesn't involve sick stuff.

There was one fellow I wished would please put on some shoes, but he was good, and a woman who has 'read' for the last five years won. She has the eviable gift of remembering what she wrote, not one of my gifts, but she doesn't do it 'on the fly' She was good. I liked that she read new stuff.

I had technical difficulties, so I wrote something completely new and unplanned and it worked. No it didn't get me into the second round, but there was at least respectable response.

I remain distressed by the lack of transparency in the judgeing process in the first round, and I wihs the woman who won had NOT thrown in 1. her pregnancy or 2. that she's read 5 years straight and never won before or 3. that she isn't coming back to read again. Those things have NO BEARING on the merits of one's work! NON ZILCH NADA NISTA NEMA VEZA NIL AON RUD DADA!

I did like her work, but my situation is in some ways a LOT more difficult. I don't just show up to read, I am just as much there in hopes of victory as anyone else who comes to read. I don't tell people my sorry sad story to get points.

It pains me to see anyone do it, and the gangsters who used to show did the same thing. It pisses me off.

Now to Balkans matters. I saw that Milutinovic got acquitted at The Hague, not a result I terribly liked, but at least five other people who needed to be convicted were.

I hope Milutinovic as my fundamentalist Christian friends say is 'convicted in his heart'!

I wish they all would be whether any court convicts them or not. stid prema Bog!

Comments:
Sorry, better luck next time!

What's significant about Milutinovic getting off is that Sainovic was convicted. As Marlise Simons said, the trial held special significance as the closest that an international criminal court was likely to come to judging the actions of the Milosevic
government in Kosovo.

According to the Trial Chamber, Milutinovic, who was a member of the Supreme Defense Council as president of Serbia, didn't have any de facto authority over the Serbian MUP. The judges' decision to acquit Milutinovic was in part
influenced by their belief that the evidence didn't prove that Milutinovic had 'close ties' with Milosevic.

Nikola Sainovic, however, was much closer to Milosevic, one of 'his closest and most trusted men', the judgment noted. The Trial
Chamber concluded that he, as the head of an informal body called the Joint Command, had had de facto authority over the military and police units who perpetrated crimes on Kosovo.
 
I am glad the other guys got convicted.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter