Thursday, February 05, 2009

 

Lit stuff

A yesterday, after posting here, I went to Mark Fuzie's reading of his new chap book, Crow Lover Poems (I think that's the title).

I have heard him read before, he reads well, and had some pomes of his I had not heard before. I was delighted with them actually! I underestimated his work before because I have only really heard works in progress, so hearing the finished pieces was very cool and as I said surprisingly good. Not many people showed up which is too bad, because there were nice ref reshments. Two kinds of brownies, some salami ( I didn't eat that, makes me break out :() Some cheese and crackers I did eat that, in small amounts and that was delicious, and of course coffee. His book is out for a measly $5 so as soon as I am a bit less broke, I mean to get a copy.

Sarajevo news: The National Museum has a new director, after 20 years. In other news, it looks like Sarajevo is going ot get motorcycle cops.
As well bus passes for one month or five months will be phased in. This is a good idea since often busses and trams are so overwhelmingly crowded that it's impossible to get to where you pay if you get on a bus in the middle of it's run. At the begining it's no problem. They have guys that check whether passengers have paid tickets but they never come on the bus or tram when it is most crowded.

It was curry night last night. I made some kid friendly very mild chicken curry with chicken drumsticks and rice and it was good.

NOTE to Radmilla, I haven't been to your blog so much lately because I mostly am reading and posting from the library and the picture at the top could get me tossed out of here! :) I miss reading your blog but will catch up next time I'm at a friend's place.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter