Monday, February 02, 2009

 

A few American stories of interest

Well at least to me they are....1. the folks at NPR have given some coverage to a volcano in Alaska that is due to erupt I guess any time... The folks at NPR also said the recession might cause some companies to bring jobs back to the States. I will be very pissed off if this isn't so! Those big bosses need to learn a lesson this is THEIR spanking too! In conjunction with that, the local paper Yakima Herald Republic ran a story that involved a guy who was replaced by someone from another country who got 90K+ per year for a job he was qualified for. Replacign Americans with foreigners who are recruited by these big banks doesn't sit well with me and I am sure the more nationalistic type Americans who don't even want foreigners picking cabbages and potatoes here are livid. If they aren't I want to know why? Is it a class thing?

The good thing about the impending disappearance of T.V. kod nas is that maybe the children (1 full time and 1 part time, both girls, both very cute and diabolically clever!) will stop sounding like the damned MUPPETS! I hate it. I did a blog on it before I believe. It's O.K. if Muppets sound like Muppets, but I can't stand if kids sound like Muppets! I am a bit Victorian on this score, Children should be seen but not heard! If that makes me an awful person so be it! :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter