Tuesday, January 06, 2009

 

O.K. The damned thing hasn[t worked...

The adapter with the strainer, it's a common kitchen st4rainer only boosted my signal a very little bit. I was being booted repeatedly. My Friend S. thought putting heavy duty foil on it would help. No it didn't. I am not happy about it. She is now claiming it's got to be my computer but that is govno because like, I got the signal several times before. It isn't windy.

I no longer have a radio of my own. I did before. But not now. The one radio in the house is in the kitchen and it is usually turned to some rock station or other. I am not sure how to use it. It's one of those damned modern things. I miss my piece of go vno radio I had before, I knew how it worked.

I am going to have to find a small cheap radio.

The adds on T.V. are full of that new High Definition T.V. stuff. P. thinks it's Big Brother. I don't know if that is so or not. I know one thing, it's not coming soon to BiH! :) They get to have fuzzy pictures a while longer!

Comments:
Everything's Big Brother these days. I'm involved with some Yahoogroups. Yahoo have set up this Web Beacons scheme to tailor adverts to the pattern of your internet visiting habits and so they track you wherever you go. They don't try veryu hard to make Yahoogroup members aware of this. It's only by message from other Yahoogroup useers that you find out about it.

You can opt out of the adverts but the crucial thing is that you can't opt out of the tracking as long as you remain a member of any Yahoogroup. When a group's got a public presence and you've worked on building up public knowledge of the address it's not an easy decision to move to another hoster.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter