Friday, January 02, 2009

 

Merry Christmas to my Catholic and Protestant Readers

And ahead of the fact to my Orthodox readers!

I did rig up a booster, but access is still likely to be sporadic. For those of you outside the Yakima Gulag, I can piggy back off the college and another unsecured network, weather, and vacations appear to affect both networks, wind being the worst enemy. The booster I have now is really GETO to the BONE! it is a Belkin Male A to Female A, and then a little USB WiFi adapter, and I have Jerry rigged it to a common kitchen strainer obtained at Value Village for a piddleing 89 cents! It seems tobe working though Hvala Bog! Hamdulillah! Praise the Lord!

I had a hard time even FINDING a strainer in the thrift stores. I had a hard time even finding a strainer new! I am being booted on and off a bit, but as long as I am mostly on so be it! Itl's been a mizeran šlep trying to get this organized. Still it beats always having to go to the campus or the public library or a friend's place. It is really icy and I don't like going out in it. I fell before in just snow, with good boots, following all the rules back in 1996. I still have some problems because of that fall and it isn't my only injury. It's ironic I found the strainer at Value Village because at one time I worked for a place that sells stuff to Value Village! It was one of my worst jobs ever and the only job I had that gave me health insurance. I ended up lucking into a job in an insurance office and that actually did NOT include insurance, but it also did not include getting written up for having been off work due to an injury I got because they were so uncaring of workers who had to try to get there in the aftermath of the worst snow in history for the Yakima Gulag. Anyway, I thank God I don't work for the people who sold goods to Value Village who were so miserable to work for. I found other work, much better work and quit them and let them know that they really needed to clean up their act.

They aren't Value Village's ONLY source of used goods so I don't feel at all bad shopping at VAlue Village! Especially tonight when it completed my plans for internet access and World Domination (JUST KIDDING ABOUT THAT LAST BIT!)

My presence is still likely to be spotty for a bit because a housemate is having some minor surgery, she is going to need care herself and help with her child and so forth. So I will be on as much as I can, and if I am not well the ones that don't like me will be fine and the ones that do... please pray for my household, and hang loose! :)


How have I used my computer when NOT online? I have been making small movies. These were my Christmas presents, because I am among other things In Transition right now.

I am so out of the loop right now. Was Mladic busted in my absence or anything good? I am going to go find out once I am done here! :)

Comments:
Has your ability to listen to the radio atrophied? Happy New Year!
 
Merry Christmas!

Here is a true hero. Read this inspiring story:

http://srebrenica-genocide.blogspot.com/2009/01/in-memoriam-dr-nedret-mujkanovic.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter