Wednesday, January 21, 2009

 

Inauguration Day comments

If this were the old Soviet Union and the Kremlinologists got busy on our collective dupe......

The verdict would be that the United States is back and Means Business all the way around.

I guess our new President was afraid to have too much display of religious diversity on the podium as compared to former President Clinton. President Clinton was taking NO chances, he had several flavors of Christian, a Buddhist, a Jewish religious leader and a noted Afro-American Muslim leader do prayers.....

President Obama stuck with a very plain vanilla Fundamentalist type...

I can understand it when you consider that so many Americans out there haven't realized that despite the name the guy is a Protestant American Christian, who happens to have Muslim roots.

He did however make sure in his speech, make mention of American religious diversity, including 'Non-Believers'. This is a good thing that he did it personally.

The second minister, was a very sweet guy, but hard to hear. I wish he'd gotten someone younger who could speak clearly at that point. Still it was a nice gesture in terms of inclusiveness, and who he chose for the invocation was a good choice as well, because just because I don't care for that particular brand of religion doesn't mean suddenly the people who see things that way get dis-included.... so it was politically Very Savvy of our new President.

The little girls were adorable, Michelle impresses me a lot and I am more impressed by our new President....

As has been said elsewhere, 'Now the hard part begins....' Srece Presjedink Obama!

Here in the Yakima Gulag, there were two open more or less to the public options for viewing on Large Screen T.V. sets, I dragged S. to the Democrat function and a friend saw to it that we had coffee and cinnamon knots FREE! We had fun, and went home to watch the parade. I was glued to the T.V. all day, and for the satire shows so popular in the U.S. but finally went to bed.

Not before the cat played a prank on me. . . She snuck in my room and hid under my night clothes on a big chair. I went to get my robe and this great big paw reached out and slapped me, I look down to see angry green flashes after I'd screeched in surprise.

I am normally the quietest person in the house. But I was startled, So I threw on my robe laughing myself sick at the cat's joke on me. Then she took off... Cats really don't have a sense of humor.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter