Thursday, January 29, 2009

 

Another cold day in the Yakima Gulag

But the good news is the weather is a bit warmer than last week....

meaning from time to time I can go someplae where I can use the computer for longer at a time than is possible in the Yakima Gulag People's Institute of Higher Re:Education Library.
It also means being able to walk places more and not having to always wear a really heavy coat...

Things have been pretty busy at my end. So far I'm really pleased with the Obama administration. He isn't going to solve all our problems immediately, but I think he's going to do at least SOME good.

I was very disappointed about the vote on Digital Switchover. Stupid Republicans! Well, if it had been slated for Super Bowl Weekend, there would have been RIOTS!

Just saying....

Comments:
I repeume Digital Switchover is the same as we are having - the cutting off of analogue TV so people with not much money have to buy new television sets and we increase the carbon footprint of sitting in front of the box. Here it's being done on a staged basis, region by region (hasn't reached London yet). Is it the saem there or is it a "big bang"?
 
Yes it is a 'Big Bang' situation and we won't have T.V. where I am at unless we get cable. So probably not considering all our finances.
Stupid Republicans!
 
Not so stupid, perhaps - I thought the evidence of the past few years was that thay work hard at promoting disinformation and ignorance and undermine social cohesion. Not that I'm prejudiced, mind you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter