Thursday, December 11, 2008

 

Quiet day in t he Yakima Gulag

I hope to have a post for our readers about two Afghan young ladies who are studying here in the Yakima area. They are giving a talk and showing a film tonight. I have a lot of respect for them as brave young ladies.

Afghanistan is still a big mess, and it will take decades to make things right there again, or even something resembling right.

My housemates put up the Christmas tree. I kind of stayed out of the way since I had stomach trouble again. the kids were pretty excited by the whole thing. It looks lovely!

It's been icy of mornings, when I come to the college I notice that they have salted the walkways. I saw a big salt truck the other day when I took my house-mate S.'s little girl to school. The cat is huge. Saw on T.V. a small pug dog and a cat fighting over a treat, they reminded me of Satchel and Bucky of 'Get Fuzzy!' so much! I mean it was so funny!
If you aren't reading 'Get Fuzzy!' you should be!

Comments:
As we commemorate 60th anniversaty of human rights, over 1,000 Serbian extremists have set up Srebrenica genocide denial hate group on Facebook calling for Bosnian Muslims to be roasted and placed into a sulfuric acid.

Reuters also covered the story, here is an update:

http://srebrenica-genocide.blogspot.com/2008/12/facebook-shuts-down-srebrenica-genocide.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter