Wednesday, November 05, 2008

 

Pobjed za Obama!

I was at the party for Yakima gulag Democrats and there were so many new faces in the room of all ages. Many of my friends that were once young no longer drive, so there were a number of people benefiting from their good karma in having helped me get to meetings and rallies over the years.

There were four huge big screen T.V.s around the room and a huge local media presence.

Cheers erupted early on when the election was called for Obama. While the popular vote cannot be called decisive, it was a clear win. The Electoral Vote, that peculiar American institution, was not just a clear win, Obama mopped the floor with the McCain-Palin ticket.

Obama was very impressive in victory and McCain showed his class in defeat. I mean seriously showed real class.

I must say it was a good day to be back in America! Many of my friends were not aware I have returned, so many were welcoming me back, and many while they knew I was back, we haven't seen each other for assorted reasons, so that was cool. I was anyway you cut it delighted with the whole evening.

The food was good, they had free beer which ran out early! :) I had one beer.

I would have liked to have two. I brought a friend who is in the insurance business, she has never been to a function like this, and was enjoying it very much. She I guess realized why politics isn't just a big fat bore this evening.

Something big has happened in America, a man who is not pure white, an African-American in fact, a man not raised entirely in the United States, has been elected to the highest office in the land. My late mother would have been delighted.

One friend of mine was a very early Obama supporter, and he was nearly in tears with joy.

The atmosphere was electric. It was a real privelege and pleasure to be there.

I hope that President Elect Obama can turn our country around! A new day indeed has dawned in America!

Comments:
Something big, big, big has happened. Whatever the next four years bring.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter