Friday, October 31, 2008

 

Stuff that doesn't work so easily as it might.

I am trying to upload some Dia de los Muertos photos on Flikr here at the library. I am having a slower time of it than at your average internet cafe in Sarajevo, because of having to do things WAY differently. It is taking way longer.

Getting onto things like NaNo takes longer too, and it really is bad when you only get an hour or a half hour to have these petty hassles.

Probably it's an equipment issue. I do sort of know what to do so it's not me at this point.

I had three days of hassle setting up my Mobile phone with Virgin too. The process is much more annoying than with HTEronet, and I did have to read someone elses language to do that!

Also why do they want your mother's maiden name on 'pay as you go' plans? I could see it if a credit card were involved, but 'pay as you go' is completely annonymous in BiH and Croatia.

You just get a card and top up, and you simply activate the phone. All steps are the same in all manuals that accompany your phone too.

There were three procedures given, between the phone user manual, the terms of service and the phone itself! You only need ONE!

I have 13 minutes for my photos to show up on Flikr and that is IT! Why does it take so long? It never did in the internet cafe or at home.

Comments:
When you have another session there, here's a reminder to blow away the November blues:
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/Bosnia/video/x1lfr8_enjoylifebih_dating
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter