Thursday, October 30, 2008

 

The Obama Speech

So last night, my friend got her kid down for the night. After that she did some positively masculine channel surfing and we ended up watching the Obama infomercial.

Personally, I felt gladder than ever that I did vote for him!

Here is what I especially liked, in no particular order

1. Tax penalties for companies which send American jobs overseas! An idea whose time has COME LONG AGO!

2. Coverage for pre-existing conditions. There are people who don't seek medical care for long term stuff wrong with them because they may want to work still and don't want all their stuff on M.I.B. And they really get stuck getting insurance.

3. Incentives for small businesses to hire new workers...Again an idea which should really have been tried a long time ago...

Doing something to rachet down the useless war in Iraq isn't a bad idea either.

So we don't have much time until the election...6 days. I voted early, because my county is a vote by mail only area and so much has happened that I didn't want to risk waiting until the last minute.

I think most people I personally know are going for Obama.

Books I am reading: Right now I am reading 'Stealing Jesus'

The author makes a lot of points I have made in my personal discussions with people around me.

I am not done with the book yet, but it was an interesting sequal to an old Hal Lindsey book that predicted all the battles of The Last Days which have not happened, at least not in the manner HE thought they would. My friend got it for the pictures. It does have LOVELY pictures. Two pictures showed people who probably are Christian Palestinian Arabs, and the rest, he used images of people who very likely are/were Muslim people. I am going by what they were wearing and where the pictures were taken. He included pictures of Jews as well. This was pre-Wall so interesting from that point of view.

Comments:
"Vote by mail only" - that's a denial of the whole notion of voting being part of a communal activity. Apart from the fact that Tony Blair's enthusiastic espousal of the idea led to a large-scale rise in electoral fraud here (which anyone could have and did warn him about).
 
Well electoral fraud in terms of people not registering properly is less an issue here in the States, and the communal side of it turned into a NIGHTMARE in big cities, and for disabled people, plus with electronic vote fraud being so damned easy, can everyone just say 'Florida' can we all say 'Butterfly Ballot'? Plus having an absentee ballot, means there is more of a paper trail than before electronic voting machines.

It depends much on system.

I at least feel safer about my vote since the absentee system
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter