Monday, September 15, 2008

 

A Walk in Latinluk

Today, like yesterday is heavily rainy. I have had a total concept change on what to wear on the trip as a result, since rain seems to be the order of the day throughout Europe. I am going with black, not the lovely turquoise colored outfit. I don't want it spoiled!

O.K. We are don with Trivia! I went to the travel agency, again not open at 9:00 AM, So I wandered down to Latinluk, and had a look at the Sarajevsko Pivara. If you love beer you need to go, if you love life you need to go and at least look. The Brewery was for much of the siege the only source of clean water for the entire city, and people risked their lives to get water from there.

The building is smaller than the now out of immediate use Guinness plant in Dublin, but Sarajevsko of course is very good beer, I hadn't found the dark variety in any stores though, so I went into the little pub, where you can get things like a sausage, a slice of cheese and a beer. I just had a beer, a small one. It was delicious. The place is very nicely furnished. Again definately worth going and it isn't at all far from the Latinski Most, right accross the road from St. Anthony's Church.

Comments:
I loved it up there! Wonderful neighborhood for walking, and fine views down to the old city center. I thought that the church looks just like the type that Catholic immigrants built here in the US. Zivela, ZeKa!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter