Saturday, September 06, 2008

 

IMAG0164


IMAG0164
Originally uploaded by Yakima_gulag
Yesterday, I made little pancakes, and used up the last of the delicious rose jam. I felt sad doing that, because rose jam is not that available in the States, I have tried making jam in the past and all my efforts were disasters! i may have a go at it if I can find some source of unpolluted roses, I have a recipe that was in Oslobođenje, it calls for a variety of rose that might not be available in the U.S. but I am sure any large fragrant red or pink rose would work.

coffee, and a shot of medovaća, incidentally this was from the Healing Herbs festival. The makers are Orthodox Bosnians, and they are justly proud of their product. Coffee of course, just instant that morning.

Comments:
Actually, the raw material for rose jam are petals from a very particular
variety of roses. The same specific variety - rich in essential oils and with tightly bunched, fleshy petals - is also used for making rose water and rose oil. For making rose petal jam, one has to first trim away the little white bits at the base of each petal, which are bitter and can spoil the taste.

AR
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter