Tuesday, September 23, 2008

 

Finally recovering.

Well I am back, and actually waking up somewhat at the right time for this side of the Planet! The thing is that hearing the azan first tiing every day got me used to waking up automatically VERY early for a non-farming American. But coffee is resetting my clock. I realized that no form of coffee might help me stay awake when the sun was up and make me more useful. My new job here is minding one kid during his father-'s school time, then I can go into town with the help of friends. actually once all the etnic cleansing OOOPS I meant Road Improvements! gets done, it is going to be doable to get a bus from time to time to get into the Greater Yakima Gulag. I live in a sharshija called Selah for now.

A HUGE inspiration for the Yakima Gulag Literary Gazett is BACK! YES the Jethro Gazette! and it's FREE! This is a publication objected to HIGHLY by Ministarstvo Veselje and the Ministry of Information! Therefore it is MUST reading for all zeks and for all urki who wish to be zeks instead of mere urki!

That actually so far was the best news, besides the fact a friend of mine is seeing some success as an artist. I got a lot of good painting ideas in Sarajevo, but did not wish to carry back like paintings! They would have been too big! I will paint here instead.and see if I can sell them, and I am working on a guide book inteded for people who want to be in Sarajevo longer than a couple weeks.

It will be illustrated with my photos and some sketches. I hope it will be a hit!

I am also gearing up for NaNo! My one real American friend in my time in Sarajevo was met because of NaNo.

Comments:
Just an incidental thought. I just remembered you experimenting with the typography quite a while ago now. It was well worth while. Thanks to the combination of font, font size and black and white (never mind the content!) your blog is wonderfully easy to read compared with so many others.
 
Welcome back!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter