Friday, September 19, 2008

 

Exhausted, Dazed...

Well I am back in the Gulag, my trip was in some ways very grueling. My dear friends in Bascarsija gave me Tarhan Halva and Lokum to carry home, a considerable amount of it, and I carried it along with other things, I had to use 3 forms to declare my stuff that I got in BiH, and learned that it was under the limit. I could have gotten one of those vests! I was afraid of exceeding the limit, which last time I was traveling was something like $400, I have wanted a Bosnian vest with silver or gold or mixed embroidery, the real metal for a long time. I really could not afford it though. Where would I ever WEAR such an item, but I wanted one, I drool over good sarm the way other women drool over diamonds or mink.

Anyway the Tarhan Halva and the Lokum I asked the flight attendant aabout it, and she said, 'If you declare it they generally will allow you to keep it!' This is for things like sweets. That would be the good news. The bad news is that it meant I had to go through the Agriculture Department inspection, along with a man who bought tulip bulbs in Holland for his wife. Inspection in Sarajevo is faster than in the States because they actually have a much more modern set up for this. The bad part is that the baggage got put on two carosels, that made it take way too long. I was really wrung out. I thought about taking a room in Seattle and just resting, there were rooms, then I thought, if I got a taxi right away I could get onto Greyhound and just do it. It was late when I got in so I called a friend who lives in my old neighborhood and she got me. We went past my old house. It is awful what those people have been doing to the roses! I swear I will haunt them for it! The Hell Hound House is still in business, they are breeding baby little Hell Hounds, dog houses every where. I am using the Yakima Gulag Narodni Biblioteka because of the total lack of internet access for me at my friends. Later I go to my daughter's and I can put up pix and all that. The Gulag is under some sort of major reconstruction AGAIN! Especially the Former Mall.
For those who did not understand my last post, I was at Sea-Tac, using a kiosk and I was having a hard time.

Comments:
Put your feet up and recover!
 
If you are interested - the last five years of my life has been posted on my blog. Just click photo.

God bless....

John
 
Forgot something - join flickr with a free account, send me a message and I will add you as a contact giving you access to my private photos...

John....
 
#John, I am already on flikr. you can click on any picture to see what is public.

Many of my pictures are intended for a guide book I am writing. So I want them to stay private. Please bear with me, the book is intended to make me some money!

@Owen I did, but the couch is still a bit skinny ! JUST KIDDING!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter