Saturday, August 23, 2008

 

We Still Like Medovaća but we decided to get out today....

Today is the last day of the Film Festival, so I am going to hang out, watch 'Kafa sa ... there's two today. Among other things that made me so annoyed with the S.O. was that I had to miss Sharon McGuire for him and then he would not stay when I'd made sarama od rašta, which isn't fun on a hot day. All that effort and I get to hear that he is going back to Croatia and doesn't have TIME to discuss things like my continued presence in this beautiful country... sorry, guys that is NOT how to keep a girlfriend, ANY girlfriend!

So tonight, they are showing 'Monsoon Wedding' on SATV and I plan to make popcorn, and drink Coke and watch. I love Indian films! Especially with weddings... I know, strange for someone who has broken up with someone but so be it.

One thing I want to say here about men and women. Women always get judged and corrected whatever goes wrong in a relationship. I have seldom heard of a MAN getting corrected, not by even his own mother. Men sorry, you are dear but many of you are spoiled. Not all of you, just many, and men should be corrected more often.

Every religion it seems like the rules are for the women. The men make the problems for the most part. Most of the bad stuff women do is in direct reaction to bad stuff men do, not always directly to that individual woman, it often is a societal issue.

I am glad I came here, I love BiH, it is a good country, with good people and I will be sorry to leave, b ut practically speaking I don't have a lot of choice. There are no real opportunities here for me, and there are not many for the good people who live here. If I could wave a magic wand for people here, I would wish everyone a decent job, and the chance to have a good life. Everyone, even the S.O.

I am not bitter with him, if we hadn't met I never would have come here and coming here just at this time in history has been very interesting, and an experience to think about for the rest of my life, but he really acted like a spoiled baby yesterday and I have no time for spoiled babies who have passed age 21! Being a spoiled baby is o.k. if you are 2 or 3 years old, it gets tiresome much later!

Will I ever see him again? I very much doubt it. He claimed that he plans to visit the gulag, and would like to see me if that happened. I told him not to count on it. 1. if I live there it will be far far from town, 2. What's the point, with me when it is over it is over. I told him don't expect to ever hear from me again either. I am going to get on with my life, what I have left.

While I am still here, I am going to go see stuff I didn't see yet, at least stuff I can get to easily.

I have to wait for that important piece of mail even to get out of here.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter