Monday, August 04, 2008

 

Thanks for the corrections!

First thanks to Andras and Owen for the corrections, I had thought that the judge was a very upercrust Englishman! He sure sounds like one.

He is a good sensible man, and I am glad he is in charge at least so far.

It is very hot, but in the afternoons there have been some almighty thunderstorms, and that affects my ankle, I decided to take the weekend and really rest it, and that was wise, it is a good deal better.

I am keeping to very even sidewalks as much as I can, and avoiding stairway type shortcuts. There are sometimes some very persistant Roma on those stairways. I have gotten really good at saying 'Žao mije, stvarno nema, izvini!' and moving on quickly. The biggest proof I am not myself Roma is how often they try to get money from me! :)

Fuel costs actually went down a couple pfenig, which was even if a small reduction, welcome news to anyone here that drives.

I don't drive, but the last big increases in price brought taxi fares way up, and that means I shop WAAY closer to home, because it would get to be too much otherwise.

I like being home when the thunder rolls in, and just taking it easy.
I don't even watch T.V. if it thunders, because it might hurt the T.V., I don't know how they are fixed for surge protection in my building.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter