Wednesday, August 20, 2008

 

Stuff that is getting me a little down..

On the whole I have been enjoying life in Sarajevo. It is a fascinating, beautiful city, but logistics if you are not a local can be a challenge. A fairly important piece of mail has not arrived, and it is a bit scary because it is something I need. My daughter took all the correct steps at her end, I trust where I had her send it, so the problem is a postal one, someone s post office is not doing what it is supposed to do! I have waited 2 weeks. There is a reason I try to avoid Snail Mail here and this would be a reason!

I only mention this for two reasons, I don t want anyone envying me too much for being here, and sometimes when I have mentioned a difficulty on this blog, some sort of solution has presented itself very quickly afterwards, there is some sort of positive thing that happens.

As to the beauty of the B.B.B.s from IT Computers, not only are they ALL lovely, they are all NICE! VERY nice in fact! The computer they are so kind as to let the puiblic try out is the latest Fujitsu. I have great fondness for the Fujitsu, my very first computer was a Fujitsu laptop purchased used from my son in law. They have only made a good item better, less wire to mess with, and it seems not to heat up much, LOVELY screen reolution, something which is important if you have poor eyesight.

There that Word From Our Sponsors Moment is behind us!

The Film Festival today includes Mirsad Purivatra, an important man here in the Festival, the city of Sarajevo, and the country of Bosnia and Hercegovina is going to recieve the Chevalier des Arts et Letres! Svaka Cast! Always nice to ses someone who deserves recognition getting it!

I am here fairly early.

Yesterday, I could hardly walk, I started out, the idea was to take the bus into town and back. Something I haven t done in awhile, part of my whole weight loss program, but I barely got to the corner and it is an even surfaced walk most of the way to the bus stop and realized crossing the road could be more difficult than usual. So I did the only sensible thing and turned back.

Today I am going to use the reliable Sarajevo public transit to get home. I rode the bus down. Sometimes if it is hot, it can be miserable to ride the bus. Thank God that it has been cooling off, a light wind can make all the difference. A lot of times, barring difficulties with my ankle, I am better off walking.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter