Saturday, August 23, 2008

 

Sarajevo Film Festival Kafa sa...Charley Kaufman

Charley Kaufman directed among other films, 'Being John Malkovich' and I was delighted to see him, I actually saw 'Being John Malkovich' here in BiH, when I was living up in Šip. It is a painfully, excruciatingly funny film and a very big favorite with Ivan the Terrible, Minister of Technology. (#1 sina for those in the know!) Anyway the interview was great, an English guy did most of the interviewing, but naturally there were questions from the audience. There was a guy who sounded JUST like Borat! He asked Charley Kaufman why 'you make so funny your English you make so strange!' Well, Charley Kaufman said, 'Maybe it is strange to you because English isn't your first language!' I mean the guy really thought he could speak English and he just kept questioning and sounding even MORE like Borat as he went along. I am not so sure it WASN'T Borat! I couldn't see the guy!

I heard that Sharon McGuire had a HUGE number of people to see her. I am still sorry I had to miss that. I love her work, and liked her interviews I've seen elsewhere.

This is the last day of the Festival, I am going to catch the interview with Kevin Spacey, and then probably just grab a bus home.

The Sarajevo Film Festival is great because if you have from 7 to 10 KM to rub together, you can go see any film you like. Unless like 'Snijeg' it sold out. I hear that 'Snijeg' is excellent, and I can hardly wait to see it.

There are so many wonderful films and the festival is wonderfully organized. Oh I showed the B.B.B. herself on my blog.

It is a fairly hot day, but not horrifically humid like yesterday.

I pigged out on the rašta sarama last night. Sorry all gone!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter