Thursday, August 21, 2008

 

Sarajevo Film Festival Continues

Tomorrow I have to miss out on th e 'Kafa sa...' I most want to see, the director of 'Briget Jone's Diary' is going to be the guest at 3 pm tomorrow, but the S.O. has been out of town a long time and returns tomorrow, so I have to stay home and make nice stuff to eat and catch up with what is going on with him.

Damage to his place in Croatia was why I had to stay here. This big storm earlier in the year messed stuff up.

So today I caught the press conference for a Turkish film that sounds very interesting, 'Dot', the press conference was in Bosnian and Turkish. I had a high opinion of the interpreter for this press conference. he did an excellent job! I walked into town today, and will use the bus going home ako Bog da, my ankle is not in wonderful shape. The highly important piece of mail simply hasn't shown up and I am really upset about it. This was insured and should have got here by yesterday! I sent an e-mail to the relative that sent it that it hasn't come and requested a tracking number so I can find out what is going on.

Anyway tomorrow I am going to stay home and make some rasta sarama. That stuff is good and I am sure the S.O. will like it.

It is very hot today in Sarajevo. I am not the only person who looks a bit damp! the people at the Cedavita booth have been very nice handing out free samples of their product. Cedavita is sort of the Bosnian equivalent of Koolaid, but it is marketed to adults as well as to kids! It isn't bad stuff. Podravka has a booth where they have samples of their pretzels, cookies and mini croisants, and cook books! Basically how to use Vegeta in other things than soup. I use a lot of Vegeta. Started off thinking it was only o.k. and now I am a mind-numbed Vegeta robot!

Today they are showing a few short American films and a few short Irish films. One film is about a guard from Long Kesh during the internment period. I never thought I'd see the day a film would be based on it and not be intended as propaganda for one side or the other!

I am waiting for one of the 'Kafa sa... ' series and after it will go home.

They actually SHOWED Euronews this morning. The Peking Olympics has been on T.V. at all kinds of weird times. and that has interupted Euronews.

Lucija Kimani came in 42nd in the Marathon and the other Bosnian runner came in at 43. I saw Lucija Kimani and her husband on T.V. before the start of the Olympics, and she is a very charming woman. Her husband is Bosnian, they met at a big race and had a long time before they could get married due to career concerns.

There are not a lot of Afro-Bosnians, in fact a black face on the street is an extreme rarity!

The plane crash in Madrid was the big news, it almost crowded out the crisis in Georgia and South Ossetia. Stuff there has been upsetting to watch. Again blood-shed in Europe, and an ineffectual response all around.

The festival has been good, certainly beats staying home and being hot! I can be hot here and be entertained and served the occasional free drink, not to mention benefit from some free internet access! Thanks IT Computers!

Comments:
Thank you for helpful info about Cedavika, but more (explanations) would be appreciated by your less linguistically competent readers, eg rasta sarama.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter