Sunday, August 24, 2008

 

End of the Sarajevo Film Festival

I wanted to go to the Family day on Wilsonova, but just couldn't, the heat was pretty bad, and I decided to bag it after seeing the Kafa sa ... Kevin Spacey. Some big general came, not sure but I believe he was someone American. This caused a buzz in the HUGE crowd. There literally were journalists from EVERYWHERE! and a satellite uptake dish was installed to let them do t heir live feed thing. I couldn't use the free internet right away. I made a point of really thanking the lovely and sweet B.B.B.s who helped me every day, and said, it was really good of I.T. Computers to do that for the Festival's visitors!

I gave them how to get onto this blog too, so they could see for themselves, the pictures of the SFF, and that I have only good things to say about the Festival, and I.T. Computers :) and mostly I have good memories of Sarajevo!

Kevin Spacey got an absolutely huge reception here, his movies are well liked here. They showed 'The Usual Suspects' and the interview was great. He is an interesting man and a very good director. Hearing how he works was fascinating. He is a very appealing character. It was his first time in Sarajevo. He really likes the city, I could tell he wasn't just making nice!

Kevin Spacey has been a big supporter of Barack Obama and there were a couple Obama related questions which he handled with great finess.

Speaking of Obama, I hadn't put Biden on his short list for V.P. but I am delighted that Biden will be the running mate! EXCELLENT choice, really excellent!

(Biden has a really good foreign policy record over all. Biden is strong in his own right, which shows that Obama has some guts!)


After sitting in the crowd, under the tent, I was a bit over heated and dizzy, so I went and got an orange juice, not a Cedavita, it was MOBBED over by the Cedavica booth!
Then I walked to the bus stop, the Dom Armije stop. The official name of the building is no longer 'Dom Armije' it is Dom Oružne Snaga BiH' but EVERYONE still calls it 'Dom Armije'

Monday Ramzan is supposed to start and this is a big time for weddings. In fact processions of cars with honking horns proceeding at high speed have been common for about the last week or so. I got a nice shot of one of those processions yesterday.

It was really LOUD, then I went and got a bus home. Today, I walked into town and will walk back. My very important piece of mail did not arrive yesterday EITHER, so a friend who knows the area is going to help me go to the special postal facility by the railway station. I will hopefully be able to find out what happened then. I don't know what time this will happen tomorrow. The friend has other business, it is one of my dear friends from the little dress shop in Baščaršija.

Frankly, I am going to miss them FAR more than I will miss the S.O. It is sad to say it, we have known each other about 10 years, and I really did love him, but right now I feel so blank about him. I guess that feeling is my friend. It will keep me from doing anything stupid about him. I thank God for that feeling!

Often women who have broken up with a guy take him back shortly after the break-up, without anything being resolved. I did that with him once years ago.

To make it as plain as I can while protecting everyone's privacy, he wasn't violent, he isn't a mean guy, he is in fact perfectly charming, even sweet at times. The trouble with the S.O. is he isn't very good about telling the truth. Nor is he especially faithful or reliable. He is not THERE for you wh en the chips are down, not even emotionally. The chips are very much down for Drugarica Katjša just now.

If I had any way of staying in this really wonderful city, I would, with or without the S.O. it is a wonderful place, and most of my time here has been spent without the S.O. actually. Between him getting sick, which he can't help at this point, and his being in Croatia often which he damned well COULD help, he hasn't been around anything like enough.

Other than the day I had enough of the less good part of him, it has been o.k. even wonderful at times. But there is no future with him, there cannot be. Anyone I am with has to be honest with me, and true to his word.







Comments:
I'm sure this wasn't an easy decision, I am glad you know enough not to settle for less than you deserve.
 
It was a very difficult decision. I cared about him a lot, but it had to be done. Better to call it quits before we began to hate each other!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter