Tuesday, August 12, 2008

 

Cheap Bling

O.K. today I am going to be totally trivial minded and petty. (So sue me! as people so charmingly say in America)

I was watching coverage of the terrible crisis in Georgia, to me it looks like Putin and Medvedjev want to take back parts of the former USSR. It is ugly and I have been seeing stuff that upsets me on the news. God I hate war! I hate it worse every year, and feel worse for the civilians who get stuck in wars every year.

Now to my totally petty moment...

I had to take a class on what to wear in an office back at the Yakima Gulag People's Institute of Higher Re-Education, and there are things you can and cannot do in an office in terms of w omen's attire. Some of those rules I don't follow and never will on grounds that they violate my beliefs, but some I do agree with, on the grounds of vulgar levels of display are never a good thing!

The White House Spokeswoman, had a dress that was fine for evening wear, very lovely black dress, not Too Sexy, not Too Un-Sexy, perfect for some sort of evening do, nice hair, ok she was speaking from China, she's with President Bush's staff there I guess. Anyway, she spoiled the whole thing with this Incredible bit of Geto Bling! It was a chain, and that chain was big enough to hold a bicycle! Seriously. Now I have nothing against big pieces if they are pretty enough, this WASN'T.

I would have LOVED to hear one of my instructors get loose on her jewelry. I don't care if it was only one piece. It was too big, and she is an attractive woman. She did not need to wear something that big to be noticed.

The other petty moment is that Britany Spears has come out for McCain. Good, shows her bad taste as far as I am concerned. Just proves what I have been saying about Trailer Trash Republicans all these years.

Some friends of mine here in Sarajevo, one American and a Ukranian have opened a lovely new store, I suggest it as a place to shop for jewelry, it's not cheap, but for what you get it is not expensive either, and they have a place to sit and have a coffee, it's peaceful. It's off Obala Kulin Ban in Baščaršija.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter