Thursday, July 03, 2008

 

I have no idea how hot it is

But it is far too hot for me! I am wringing wet... When I get home I am going to need to take off everything and wash it all, and have another shower.

Today I learned a little bit about the techniques Roma from Kosovo use here when they go around and ask for money. Most can't write, they go to a shop-keeper and ask if the shop-keeper has a pen and paper and then ask the shop-keeper to write t hem a note as to why they are asking for money. I avoid all people carrying pieces of paper, I already knew these were people begging.

Still not as bad as Dublin thank God!

Speaking of Dublin, I had no idea that Dublin is now the 3rd most expensive city in the world! No wonder the Plain People of Ireland voted down the E.U.! I knew things cost way too much there, but DAMN!¨

So tomorrow is the 4th of July. My big plans for the day are to consume lots of chili, New Mexico style, and lots of Sarajevsko pivo, to watch 'Rebel Heart' and to basically take it easy.

I am perturbed that President Bush seems Hell bent on starting a war to saddle the next Administration with! Nothing like a good lame duck war!

I noted huge numbers of children in front of the Swedish Embassy as I headed into Baščaršija today, groups of 8 or 10 with an adult riding herd on them. Headed off for brainwashing by the Swedish Menace?......OOOOPS! I mean..... Summer Camp in Sweden?

Anyway the other mission I am on today is to purchase raspberries and honey. I am going to make some raspberry mead. It isn't so important what sort of yeast you use for that type of mead... and it tastes good, and it will come in handy later.



Comments:
Showing my complete lack of culinary knowledge but what is raspberry mead?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter