Sunday, July 13, 2008

 

Hot today, and probably hotter yet tomorrow...

Today is very hot, I went to see my friends down in Bascarsija and my landlady's brother was there, he has been recently in America. So we discussed the upcoming elections. I told him again why I am a Democrat, and will vote for Obama.

Given the world economic situation the United States cannot afford the luxury of another Republican in the White House! I told him that the last time the Market really fell, it was Roosevelt who saved us in America from either a fascist or a communist form of government and that his balance of help to people and incentives to business had been over all good for us, and the Republicans who ideologically opposed it were among the greatest beneficiaries. As well as people like myself who have physical challenges, if there had been no Roosevelt, I am not sure I would have survived to adulthood. Let alone had a situation where I could have done the things in life that I have had a chance to do.

Anyway, yesterday, in e-mail, I got my stuff to arrange for voting abroad. Democrats Abroad sent it, and I had it printed out, and the stuff I need to mail is going out in the mail tomorrow. I have to mail something so that I can use the ballot, I can vote actually by either mail or fax, or both if it is a question of meeting the deadline. Given how slow the mail becomes in the Fall and Winter months, I am delighted to have that option. Believe me, I am actually glad that in fax form my ballot is no longer secret! It leaves a paper trail that way! NOBODY be stealin' this ol' girl's vote! nema sansa!

I took a couple nice pictures on the way home only to discover I had not carried the little cable so I can transfer the pictures. grrrr!

Last night, I watched 'The Blues Brothers 2000' with Dan Ackroyd. I love his annonymous and deadly serious look in that film, it was what I liked before, about the earlier films with him and Jim Belushi, that fine Albanian-American star of stage and screen...
The music was excellent, I had fun trying to recognize everyone, and did not always succeed! But that is part of the fun. I loved the kid, he is going on to greater things I hope.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter