Thursday, July 17, 2008

 

Cooling Trend Over

I really enjoyed the cool weather, it was a nice break for me, now it is heating up again. My landlady is here for another couple days, her brother is supposed to finish reading my book. He claims it could be published here, he has been very busy himself though, not just with work and his doctorate, but family stuff.

It was so cool last night that the heat kicked on! I was not thrilled that it did, because I thought I had set it up NOT to kick on. Maybe my landlady got chilly and turned it on downstairs, if either of us turns the heat on, it affects the other flat. That would be my one complaint about the place actually. I don't like to be all that warm, it's just not comfortable.

I got some cool pix today, and discovered another thing, I would far rather walk in nice weather than take the bus, it gets WAY too hot on buses here, and I end up a lot less sweaty if I walk, nothing is that far, I just take the GOOD street down.

Joan Baez did a concert last night as part of Baščaršija noće. I did not attend as it was going to be dark, and I don't go out in the dark by myself here. I stayed home and watched 'Memories of a Geisha', which I liked, very nicely filmed, and worked over year before last's NaNo on my laptop. I put a copy on my thumb, and did some minor editing. It needs work actually, lots of work. I put my first NaNo on my thumb too, with all related research materials. Some of that stuff is hard to find on the Net now!

I am glad I hung onto it. I have to say, computers are WONDERFUL for writers, no huge BOXES and PILES and TRUNKS full of dead tree products!

I hope everyone is well!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter