Monday, June 23, 2008

 

I am in a better mood than this post would indicate...


More on the horrible crash, the poor guys were burnt alive. I think it is rather shocking that Euronews did not report on them. How many have to die before 'If It Bleeds It Leads' kicks in ? How terribly do they have to die? Just asking...

I hate the 'rebranding' too, a lot of things are not visually useful for me on Euronews since rebranding. For instance, exchange rates, oil prices and stock market stuff. I do have investments and I like to know what the market is up to, and I have to run and stick my nose on to the screen to see that stuff, and I do mean RUN! the music is too quiet, and I sometimes miss it. All t he graffics are inferior. Anyway, 'rebranding' is more corpspeak, line them up and shoot them for even using such assinine expressions!

(TAKING NOTES SWEDISH MENACE? GOOD!)

A reply to Owen, I do think the whole deal with the grave and the brucellosis infected dead sheep IS deliberate. I feel it is an effort to compromise evidence or prevent later exhumations. People really don't like to catch nasty stuff like brucellosis... Even Archeologists, the most morbid of scientists until you hang with pathologists, have their boundaries!

In fact it bothers them more than the mines. Mines can be removed. Brucellosis germs hang around a long time.

Carcasses of infected animals ought to be incinerated, burying them risks the ground water. BiH has decent ground water, and ummm what are people thinking to just throw the sheep carcasses into holes in the ground anyway? Just asking....


So the victory of the Turks over the Croats, was an excuse for massive rioting in Mostar, and at least some rioting in other towns, Čaplinje, Neum, Stolac...

One girl was accosted by Croatia supporters and spat on and called names, the police had to come break that up. She thanked the police for doing a good job... Police actually were injured, and tear gas was used.

Even Sarajevo had minor stuff, mostly people driving around in their cars, waving Turkish flags and throwing firecrackers...

Mostar however was in a bad situation until the wee hours....

In one town, the police went around to the kafanas and told them to shut off the loud music, and that was a bad mistake. People in kafanas listening to loud music b eats people running around the streets breaking windows and burning trash containers anytime... just sying....

Last night I watched 'Children of the Revolution' Funny as Hell! do see it if you haven't! The guy who plays Stalin was hilarious, and halfway convincing...

I also watched 'Frida', which was mostly pretty good except for a modern song thrown in at the end which spoiled the ambience of the film.

Selma Hayak is visually convincing and the guy who played Diego, and the guy who played Trotsky both were excellent. Here is something funny, I understood a good bit of the arguments between Mr. and Mrs. Trotskey...

The screenplay was excellent, lighting was great, and the accident was done well. Again, do see it if you haven't.

It is going to be hot the next few days. I probably will stay closer to home for a bit. Baščaršija is FULL of tourists! This is good news for Bosnia and I am happy about it, but it's a pain for me.

Wonderfully filmed, and I almost watched it again, but 1 am when I plan to go pay rent is not doable anymore.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter