Thursday, June 12, 2008

 

Healing Herbs Fair

The Healing Herbs Fair started yesterday, for some silly reason, I had the date wrong. Anyway, I had a look, came home with more medovaca. I as well was able to lay hands on some rose syrup, and that was a pleasant thing, because I have not been able to find it at all in Sarajevo. It's odd because some Bosnian recipes actually do call for it! It's served as a refreshing summer drink. Rose syrup is used to mix with milk in India, and I like having it that way after I make a particularly hot lentil curry.

Anyway, these items were all in glass bottles, and I knew the bus would be crowded, as well, even though I have a cloth bag I always take when I go out, I was afraid it would give under that weight. So I got a taxi and got that all home, and took a rest. Tonight I hope is a class night, and I may have friends over as well.
My friend at the dress shop had a turquoise colored skirt I like, but it was for someone WAY thinner, and I like some room in my skirts ANYWAY, but I realized, 2 of them could be sewn together. She in fact had two of that particular pattern and size, ONLY 2, so I promptly bought them, and took them home. I worked on that by hand. It took me about 3 hours, to get the whole job done, and I have to say, I didn't do at all a bad job! it looks great! I was afraid the waist would be the most trouble, it was trouble, but I actually have it looking like it was MADE that way in the first place. For a girl who damned near flunked Home Ec, not bad at all!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter