Friday, May 23, 2008

 

Wallowing Further in the Cheese! Eurvision Continues On

***Big Fat Spoiler Alert!***

Now don't say I didn't warn you if you live someplace other than Europe someplace!

Since BiH did make it into one semi-final, I did not have the right to vote, but I sure wanted to vote, especially for Croatia and Albania and Macedonia! Macedonia because Balkans Hip-Hop is sooo different, and because of Toše, and because of the young Macedonian soldiers who died before they could get home. One of my friends knew them all, they were excellent young men, and even if Macedonia's entry had sucked, I would have voted numerous times for them just because!

Georgia made the cut, so did the pirates! From one of the Baltic states, the other Baltic entry, who undeservedly in my opinion, made the cut, was a guy in too tight leather pants, with a very female hair do, and he sang with that awful yawning attempting to sound sexy sleezy voice. I hate that! Sorry if that's your bag! 'Arctic blue shiny eyes' indeed! humph!

The pirates were FUN! and funny, 'Pirates are all we can be!' Seriously. They made the cut, and I was delighted for them.

Croatia's entry was wonderful, it really was typically Croatian in a very neat, old-fashioned way that I loved, I loved that the lead singer was an older man, in a white suit, who at one point made like an upset Don in the Mafija! That was unendurably cute. I liked their props, especially the Victrola, and the hanging bottles filled with red liquid as a musical instrument.


Hungary had a nice entry, and I loved Bulgaria's Dance Hall Floozy attired singer.

Czech Republic got all ghetto on us too. I didn't care for it,it was vulgar. Although I admit the girls at least were beautiful enough to be showing us too much of themselves!

Sweden made the cut, their singer had the most amazing cat eyes.
Turkey made it in with Dethmetal, and not bad Dethmetal at that. Denmark's entry made it in, I found the costuming amusing, I liked it, I love the 20's newsboy look on men, but I did not think the song was worth writing home about. Ukraine had the stripper chic thing going as well. Malta amused me, the song was about vodka, and somehow seemed very un-Maltese. The other one I liked was Cyprus, cool table dancing while guys carried the table.
Portugal's entry and success could almost be a Balkans victory as the composer of the song is a Croat who has composed for the well known Bosnian girl-group Feminem.
I sat back and ate half a kilo of beautiful cherries while watching this extravaganza. The finals are this weekend.

Oh Svaka Čast Serbija! I loved the winged centaur, the hindquarters were amazingly realistic, as well there were intervals of Serbian Gypsy Brass, and a dance number that was based on one of the best Serbian films of all time. 'Tko tamo pjeva' I loved the way the whole thing was done.

What I love about Eurovision is it is a chance to display the lighter, more positive side of nationalism. I noted most Bosnian audience members had the OLD flag! I like the old flag far better, I think it ought to be restored in order to avoid confusion with Kosovo's flag. Perhaps that is why Bosnians were carrying the old flag in Belgrade!?

It was a spectacular show, and I can hardly wait for the finals! Serbia's entry is very beautiful, and as one friend of mine from Australia remarked,it has an epic, heroic quality.

During other intervals, there were shown beautiful views of different places in Serbia, I bet a LOT of people who never would have put Serbia on their list of places to see, are now penciling in Serbia.

Which is why I want BiH to win, Bosnia Herzegovina could use the business!

Comments:
Are the cherries ready down there? You only hear of the plums.

That's a big danger that Bosnia may face when they get into the EU. I remember the terrible sight when Britain entered the EU of so many Kentish cherry orchards being chopped down and the tree stumps grubbed up.
 
Yes we have cherries already, probably from Dalmatia and Herzegovina, and they are small, but very, very delicious, lovingly grown by farmers who take pride in their product. Events such as what happened in Kent with the cherry trees make me want to burn some politicians alive or impale them in front of their families or something....
Sorry, I am in about as bad a mood as I have been in some time. Not your fault, when you read today's post you will understand why I am sounding all Balkans on you!
 
Concentrate on the cherries!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter