Wednesday, May 14, 2008

 

Spring is really here...

Well, Spring really IS here. Sad news from the Yakima Gulag, a wonderful old zeka passed on,she was 103 years old and a wonderful person.
I found that out from a zek I chat with online if he is online LATE for the Gulag.

So no calls in response to the latest ad, BUT, the landlady came over and said the new cup-board was arriving that evening. So I went into a vacuuming frenzy, and put on something a bit more presentable. I mean I was just in my old denim skirt with the bleach stains, an old shirt and a scarf. So anyway the guys came just as the Eurovision show had started. They moved the other cup-board, I was glad to know it was staying as it has hooks for hanging up coats, and I'd already moved like the emergency water supply and so forth so the cup-board would be lighter. The guys then had fun putting together the MASSIVE huge new cup-board. I like it, because I can put things in it instead of on t he counters! :) It's very plain, white, and as I said, huge.
Anyway, they decided to sweep away some cob-webs and I was sent to get the vacuum. In the course of it, I remarked to my landlady that Native Americans avoid killing spiders because the spider showed humans how to weave, and that is why people have clothes! She made some remark about Spiderman, and I said 'No Spider Woman, male spiders don't weave webs!'
Anyway one of the guys translated that last bit perfectly from English to Bosnian! And I said 'He understood everything! No FAIR he didn't take MY English class!'
Anyway, that led to my giving the other guy a copy of my ad circled. Thank God I hadn't thrown out all my old newspapers yet, I was saving them because of a series on the Sarajevo Hagaddah I was planning to send to my father. He can't read the articles but I can do a rough and ready translation and there are wonderful pictures.

This led me to the conclusion that I should go and not only put another ad, I probably ought to have some simple business cards made up. It would save me bother, to carry them about, I could post them on notice boards here and there, and I'd have them to give to people who could be students.

it might work out to being more economical in the short run even than newspaper ads. So tomorrow I will do that. Today I can't there is a protest in town, this time against the outrageous fact that representatives to the damned annoying excuse of a parliament are giving themselves HUGE pension increases. They really don't deserve such increases when the majority of the people here can BARELY make it! If I were a citizen here I would so totally be out there, but since I am not, I need to stay away from situations like that! :)

I'm not a conventional reporter, and given that reporters get beat up, I'm not going to do that. Female reporters get beat up too!
I hate getting beat up, had quite damned well enough of that at school thank you!

So the S.O. must have walked into more storm damage than he anticipated. He hasn't called. Cell phone covarage in his immediate area is notoriously BAD. I don't like that the house phone is out too. He told me ahead. Anyway, I have had Other Ideas how to reach him, and he may get back soon. Things often take longer than he thinks they will. I will chew him out later! :).

If the guy who helped put up the cup-board does in fact call, I will have two students ako Bog daj.

There is some music playing in here that almost sounds Russian. Probably old stuff.
Which reminds me of Edo Maajke's latest album cover, it has a typical Parizan guy, but everything is all Star Spangled, it's a weird kultur dzam! :) I like Edo Maajke a lot, he has a wonderful sense of humor and is a really good rapper.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter