Monday, May 12, 2008

 

Some sad news...

One of the girls who was badly injured in the explosion downtown last week died, I did not know until I got home, and actually read the paper. Often I don't get my paper until I am on the way home. If I go out early, I don't get the first news so I did not know.

She was only 21 years old, and her sister is still last I heard in the hospital. People from a company that did work on the gas line have been arrested.

Back in the States it is Mother's Day, my very dear daughter sent me greetings through one of those 'people- keeping -in -touch -sites- we -all -joined- in -order- to- keep -in -touch, -and -then -everyone -is -too -busy -to -log- in -sites'. Especially my son is too busy to keep in touch, but my daughter is a brilliant organizer, she dragged everyone in but my father, who doesn't like to play with computers.
He has someone who does that for him! :).

It is a beautiful day out. At least one of my landlords is about, doing the grass. I tend to leave when that is going on, on the grounds that the noise of a lawnmower is an annoying noise to me. Sorry, I just can't get with the 20th century on that one! But all the rain meant that the grass has really grown, and they want the place to look nice. There are beautiful tulips all sorts of colors in bloom now. Down below, one lady trimmed the hedge, I could hear the shears way up where I am at. I am fortunate, I have all the advantages of ground floor but I am up a ways also. My flat really is nice!

I have not heard from the S.O. since he went to his vikendnica, to supervise fixing up the storm damage. In the past, mobile calls there have worked just fine. I tend to prefer the mobile phone for such calls, but maybe the same storm or a previous one knocked out the transmitter or something. Anyway he should not be there much longer.

A day or two at most. Club B.I.T. is full of American students today. Their presence may explain why I can't get a bit from my notice board ads! They are girls, and sound like they are from the San Fernando Valley! Good! They will have had an unforgettable experience of a wonderful city!

I haven't heard from ANYONE today in response to my ad. Same goes for yesterday, and the day before. One potential student had the Balkans Death Flu, and frankly I don't want him near me in case I got some variant horrible mutant rebound flu. So I will text a couple of students, and see who is up for an initial meeting in town in the next few days.
The whole process is getting on my nerves. I never thought I'd be back in telemarketing! xaxa!

The Serbian elections were close. Way closer than I liked. I was hoping Tadic could win decisively. The best thing for the region is if everyone can gt on with European integration, be able to travel, and see how it is other places.

I love Sarajevo, I love the city and the people, but no matter how beautiful any place is, if you can't leave once in awhile, it becomes like a prison. Same thing applies to Serbia. I have not been to Serbia, but I have seen enough film of the place on T.V. to be sure I'd probably like it too.


I am increasingly against tight borders. I consider them a sign of tyranny, and insecurity. The Earth is the Lord's, it is our Mother and fighting meanly over bits of it goes increasingly against the grain.

That is kind of how Native Americans looked at the Earth. They also did not mind a few tribal differences, they looked at them this way, 'all roads are good!'
Sure they had wars, they had differences, but in general, they kept it down to a dull roar.




Comments:
We will have true global democracy when all borders are open.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter