Tuesday, May 13, 2008

 

Small movie review and other stuff.

I stayed up late and watched my favorite series, 'the Magnificent 7' which is pretty popular here. People here like Westerns and they make frequent appearances on T.V. In fact the fact I am a West Coast American has proved to be something of a social advantage here, just because I am sort of up on all that there Cowboys and Indians type stuff.

After that on the same channel, OBN they showed 'The House of the Spirits'. That is a really good film and full of timely stuff whether you are Latin American or from the Balkans!

I won't put in a spoiler, but I loved how the plot twists worked. Do see it if you haven't done so already! It was magnificently filmed and had why people want to take revenge, as well as why revenge might not be such a good idea even if it sounds like fun at the time!

As well the subtitle translator did a wonderful job.

I am now proficient enough to catch mistakes in subtitle translation, there weren't any!

Yesterday as well, I watched the broadcast of the funeral for the people killed in Bratunac. The F.T.V. crew interviewed the father of the youngest victim, a girl who was only 18 months old when she was killed. He was a big rough looking blond guy,he almost looked Russian.

You could tell he was a man used to hard work, and tough, too. His whole family were killed, and he sat speaking with the reporter, one hand on the flag draped coffin, which had a red rose on it. He was doing his level best to control his emotions. I felt so bad for him. I still do.

There was an absolutely huge number of coffins, and a huge number of people. They don't always broadcast these funerals. The part that constituted a religious service lasted maybe half an hour if that.

They also showed on the news proper, part of the funeral of the poor girl who died in the gas explosion. Her sister is still in bad shape.

And I heard too from a friend of mine that one of my friends back in Yakima was found dead in her garden. She was 103, and a very good woman. I remember her 10oth birthday party! It was quite a do!

I am going to sit and do some writing and then go home. It is lovely out, and I needed to get out for a bit.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter