Thursday, May 29, 2008

 

Random stuff

It was seriously hot yesterday, I walked home and on arrival was lathered in sweat. I got a kilo of beautiful domestic strawberries on the corner, and I'd already tried some ice cream mix, just to see how it did. It came out decent. I have done better with some of my own home made mixes, but this one has the advantage of not requiring any hot water. My home made mix includes coffee creamer, and cream, not milk! cream, and powdered milk. You take the coffee creamer, about half a cup, and then two cups of powdered milk. You boil four cups of water and mix in the dry stuff. then cool it, add cream, and stick the lot in the freezer to freeze. You have to take it out and break up the ice. I like to ad cream each time I do that. You get fewer big ice crystals that way. You keep doing it until it's like well ICE CREAM! You can ad vanilla flavoring, or chocolate syrup, or fruit, whatever works for you, I usually added vanilla and then the other stuff. Works better that way.
Anyway, I did some of that, and pigged out on strawberries to try and bring my temp down.
It helped. I watched t he re-run of 'Pecat' and a Klapa festival. Then I slept until news time and ate some shrimp curry soup I made. Unfortunately, I forgot totally to either get some bitter lemon soda to go with it or some beer, so I had pomagranite syrup mixed with water and that was good.
I have had to sleep a lot with whatever this bug is. It doesn't like me being awake!
I had one response to the ad yesterday, and let's just say, this guy should have been reading the 'Personals'! At least I did not have a wasted run into town about it.
It sounded like he ran out of credits in the course of asking some inappropriate questions. So I sent a crisply worded S.M.S. to the effect that if he seriously wanted to learn English, I'd meet him close to his educational establishment and we would discuss it there. If he doesn't reply to the S.M.S. sometime today or tomorrow, well I will consider him one of the endless schmucks who has wasted my time. Again, at least only phone credit in t his case.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter